Happy birthday to…all of us!
Drew and Jonathan’s birthdays are on April 28, and Jonathan is celebrating by giving you a gift: an amazing giveaway! That’s right—every day starting today and running through May 4, you can enter for a chance to receive Jonathan’s design advice and a $1,000 Visa gift card. On May 5, we’ll choose 7 lucky people who’ll get the opportunity to chat with Jonathan about their burning questions and get some expert answers on how to make their home dreams happen.
Obviously, you’ll want to know the nitty gritty on how to enter. Here are the details:
How to Enter Jonathan’s Birthday Giveaway
- First, follow Jonathan on Instagram. (FYI, you have to be a legal resident of the US, including District of Columbia, or Canada, excluding Quebec, and age of majority to enter.)
- “Like” the applicable entry post and tag two friends in the comments of that post. In that same comment, leave a note explaining what advice you need from Jonathan. For example, “Hey @Friend check out this giveaway! Jonathan, I need your help on where to start decorating my kitchen.”
- And now for the best news…you can enter more than once and on multiple posts! Don’t forget to check back for the results and keep an eye on your Direct Messages—that’s where you’ll see more details after the winners have been selected. (Also note, your chances of winning depend on the number of entries received on each applicable entry post.)
The official rules are below, so make sure to review them before you enter. And even if you don’t win, we have a ton of inspiration and ideas on everything from organizing your kitchen drawers to quick and easy decorating tips on DrewandJonathan.com and Jonathan will be sharing more fun giveaways in the future, so make sure to follow him on Instagram. Wishing you the best of luck and wishing Drew and Jonathan the happiest birthday ever!
JONATHAN’S BIRTHDAY GIVEAWAY RULES (the “GIVEAWAY RULES”)
1. ELIGIBILITY. To be eligible for the “Jonathan’s Birthday Giveaway” (the “Giveaway”), an individual must:
(a.) be a legal resident of Canada (excluding Quebec) or the United States and the District of Columbia;
(b.) be of the age of majority in his/her state or province of residence or older at the time of entry; and
(c.) be willing and able to accept the prize as awarded.
Employees of Scott Brothers Global, LLC, its affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, successors and assigns (collectively “SBG”), their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, related companies, advertising and promotional agencies and/or the household members of any of the above are not eligible to enter.
SBG has the right at any time to require proof of identity and/or eligibility to participate in the Giveaway. Failure to provide such proof may result in disqualification. All personal and other information requested by and supplied to SBG for the purpose of the Giveaway must be truthful, complete, accurate and in no way misleading. SBG reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant should such an entrant at any stage supply untruthful, incomplete, inaccurate or misleading personal details and/or information.
2. GIVEAWAY PERIOD. The Giveaway begins at 9:00 a.m. Central Standard Time (“CST”) on April 28, 2023 and ends at 11:59 p.m. CST on May 4, 2023 (the “Giveaway Period“) after which time the Giveaway will be closed and no further entries shall be accepted.
3. HOW TO ENTER.
(a.) There is no purchase necessary to enter. During the Giveaway Period, a total of seven (7) videos that each feature Jonathan Scott with a special guest will be posted to the @JonathanScott Instagram account (each an “Entry Post” and collectively, the “Entry Posts”). Each Entry Post will be clearly marked in the caption as the post for entry to the Giveaway. After the Giveaway Period closes, seven (7) potential winners will be randomly selected by SBG from a random draw of all entrants on each Entry Post.
(b.) To enter each Entry Post’s draw (“Entry Post Draw”), entrants must: (1) follow the @JonathanScott account on Instagram, (2) “Like” the applicable Entry Post on Instagram, (3) tag two (2) friends in the comments of the applicable Entry Post on Instagram, and (4) comment on the Entry Post on Instagram with what they want Jonathan Scott’s design advice. All entries for each Entry Post Draw must be received by the close of the Giveaway Period. No entries will be accepted by any other means.
(c.) Any entries with comments to the Entry Post that contain language, emojis or gestures will be disqualified, at SBG’s sole discretion, that: (i) are libelous, defamatory, indecent, profane, obscene or violent; (ii) violate any laws relating to hate speech or otherwise; (iii) violate any third-party rights such as intellectual property rights, proprietary interests or other statutory or common law rights of any third party; or (iv) contain any mention, endorse, or “plug” any commercial product, service, venture or thing.
(d.) You may enter each Entry Post Draw more than once, and you may enter more than one Entry Post Draw.
(e.) Entries will be declared invalid if they are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, irregular, mutilated, forged, garbled or mechanically or electronically reproduced. Unless otherwise set out herein, no communication or correspondence will be exchanged with entrants except with those selected as a potential winner.
(f.) Entries received shall be deemed to be submitted by the authorized account holder of the corresponding platform account associated with the entry. For the purpose of the Giveaway Rules, “authorized account holder” of a particular platform account (e.g. Instagram) is defined as the natural person who is assigned to a particular platform (e.g. Instagram) account by that platform (e.g. Instagram).
(a.)There are a total of seven (7) prizes (each, a “Prize”) available to be won, one (1) for each Entry Post. Each Prize consists of: (i) one (1), US$1000 VISA Gift Card or CDN$1000 VISA Gift Card (as applicable); and (2) one (1) video call with Jonathan Scott (Special Guest (as defined below) will NOT be present) to answer winner’s design advice question, such video call not to exceed fifteen (15) minutes in duration (total ARV: approx. US$1000/CDN$1000 (as applicable)).
(b.) SBG and/or SBG’s representatives will coordinate the provision of the Prize within two (2)business days once such selected entrant has been successfully confirmed a “winner” as set out herein. Without limiting the foregoing, each Winner must be available on a date and time to be determined by SBG, at its sole discretion (tentatively scheduled for May 24, 2023 between approx. 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. PST) for the video call. If Winner is unable to attend at the date and time scheduled by SBG for the video call, Winner will receive a recorded video of Jonathan Scott answering their design question.
5. PRIZE CONDITIONS.
(a.) Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be transferred, assigned, substituted or redeemed for cash, except at the sole discretion of SBG. Any unused, unclaimed or declined portion of a Prize will be forfeited, have no cash value and SBG shall have no obligation to provide an alternative or value-in-kind. SBG reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute a prize of equal or greater value if a Prize cannot be awarded for any reason.
(b.) Winner will be responsible for any and all applicable federal, state, and municipal taxes and any and all fees and expenses related to the acceptance and use of the Prize not specifically stated herein. Winner may be required to complete an IRS Form W-9 and will receive an IRS Form 1099 for the ARV of the prize.
(c.) Shipped Prizes shall not be insured and SBG shall not assume any liability for lost, damaged or misdirected Prizes.
6. WINNER SELECTION. Winners shall be selected as follows:
(a.) On May 5, 2023 at approximately 10 a.m. CST, for each Entry Post, one (1) entrant will be selected by a random draw in Nashville, Tennessee from all entries received for the applicable Entry Post by the end of the Giveaway Period. A total of seven (7) entrants will be randomly selected for each of the seven (7) Entry Posts. Limit of one Prize per entrant. The odds of being selected as a potential winner for each Prize are dependent upon the number of entries received by SBG by the end of the Giveaway Period. Before being declared aWinner, the selected entrant shall be required to: (1) comply with the Giveaway Rules; and (2) except where prohibited by law, sign and return the Release (described below); and (3) in the case of a Canadian selected entrant, correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered during a pre-arranged telephone call or by e-mail.
(b.) Each selected entrant will be notified by a direct message within two (2) business days of the draw by an SBG representative from the @JonathanScott Instagram account and directed to email SBG representatives at the identified official SBG email address in the direct message. Neither SBG nor Jonathan Scott will ever ask any entrant for their personal information by direct message. Selected entrant must respond by emailing the identified official SBG email address within two (2) business days of notification. If the selected entrant does not respond, he/she/they will be disqualified and will not receive a Prize and another entrant may be selected in SBG’s sole discretion until such time as an entrant satisfies the terms set out herein. SBG is not responsible for the failure for any reason whatsoever of a selected entrant to receive notification or for SBG to receive a selected entrant’s response.
(c.) If, as a result of an error in the entry process, drawing or any other aspect of the Giveaway, there are more selected entrants than contemplated in these Giveaway Rules, there will be a random draw amongst all eligible Prize claimants to award the correct number of Prizes.
7. RELEASE. Except where prohibited by law, winners will be required to execute a legal agreement and release (“Release”) that confirms Winner’s: (i) eligibility for the Giveaway and compliance with these Giveaway Rules; (ii) acceptance of the Prize as offered; (iii) release of each of SBG, Instagram, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, sponsors, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies, as well as any special guests appearing in the Entry Posts (collectively, the “Special Guests”) and each of their heirs, executors, administrators, personal representatives, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Giveaway, participation in any Giveaway-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom; and(iv) grant to SBG of the right, in SBG’s collective or individual discretion, to produce, reproduce, display, publish, convert, post, serve, broadcast, communicate by telecommunication, exhibit, distribute, adapt and otherwise use or re-use Winner’s name, statements, image, likeness, voice and biography in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, in connection with the Giveaway and the promotion and exploitation thereof. The executed Release must be returned within two (2) business days of receipt or the selected entrant will be disqualified and the Prize forfeited.
8. INDEMNIFICATION BY ENTRANT. By entering the Giveaway, each entrant releases, indemnifies and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the entrant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (a) their participation in the Giveaway or any Giveaway-related activity; (b) the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize; or (c) any breach of the Giveaway Rules. Each entrant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the entrant’s participation in the Giveaway, without limitation.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. SBG assumes no responsibility or liability: (a) for lost, late, unintelligible/illegible, falsified, damaged, misdirected or incomplete entries, notifications, responses, replies or any Release, or for any computer, online, software, telephone, hardware or technical malfunctions that may occur, including but not limited to malfunctions that may affect the transmission or non-transmission of an entry; (b) for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by online users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Giveaway or by any technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Giveaway; (c) for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; and/or (d) in the event that the Giveaway cannot be conducted as planned for any reason, including those reasons beyond the control of SBG, such as infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or corruption of the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Giveaway.
10. CONDUCT. By participating in the Giveaway, each entrant is deemed to have executed and agrees to be bound by the Giveaway Rules, which will be posted at drewandjonathan.com and made available throughout the Giveaway Period. Entrant further agrees to be bound by the decisions of SBG, which shall be final and binding in all respects. SBG reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entrant found to be: (a) violating the Giveaway Rules; (b) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway; (c) violating the terms of service, conditions of use and/or general rules or guidelines of any Scott Brothers Global, LLC property or service; and/or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass SBG or any other person. Caution: any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, SBG reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including but not limited to criminal prosecution.
12. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade names, logos, designs, promotional materials, drawings, slogans and representations is owned by SBG and/or their affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
13. TERMINATION. SBG reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to terminate the Giveaway, in whole or in part, and/or modify, amend or suspend the Giveaway, and/or the Giveaway Rules in any way, at any time, for any reason without prior notice.
14. LAW. These are the official Giveaway Rules. The Giveaway is subject to applicable federal, state and municipal laws and regulations. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the Giveaway Rules or the rights and obligations as between the entrant and SBG in connection with the Giveaway shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the state of California without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions that would cause the application of any other jurisdiction’s laws. The Giveaway will be void in whole or part where prohibited by law.
15. DISCREPANCY. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the terms and conditions of the Giveaway Rules and disclosures or other statements contained in any Giveaway-related materials, the terms and conditions of the Giveaway Rules shall prevail, govern and control.
16. SOCIAL MEDIA ETC. This Giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Instagram or the Special Guests. Instagram and the Special Guests are completely released of all liability by each entrant in this Giveaway. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Giveaway must be directed to SBG and not Instagram or the Special Guests.