ACTIVE: 25 MIN
TOTAL: 30 MIN (PLUS COOLING)
– 1 cup whole-wheat Israeli couscous
– 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and chopped
– 1 cup crumbled feta
– 3/4 cup pitted dates, coarsely chopped
– 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh mint
– 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
– 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
– 3 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
– 1 1/2 cups baby arugula
1. Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil. Heat a medium skillet over medium. Add the couscous and cook, stirring often, until it smells toasty and turns a slightly darker shade of gold, about 6 minutes. Stir the toasted couscous into the boiling water. Simmer until the couscous is tender, about 10 minutes, then drain.
2. In a large bowl, toss the couscous, cucumber, feta, dates, mint, and parsley. In a small bowl, whisk the oil and lemon juice. Season the dressing generously with salt and pepper. Toss the couscous with the dressing. Cover and refrigerate until the flavors meld, at least 1 hour.
3. Before serving, let the couscous come to room temperature. Toss with the arugula and season again.