ACTIVE: 20 MIN
TOTAL: 20 MIN (PLUS 4 HR FOR CHILLING)
– 1 1/2 cups crushed gingersnaps (from about 30 cookies)
– 5 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
– 1 pint raspberry sorbet, softened
– 1 pint mango sorbet, softened
– 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
– Whipped cream and fresh raspberries, for garnish
1. In a medium bowl, stir the crushed cookies and butter until the crumbs are moist. Set aside. Line a 9-by-5-inch metal loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving long ends hanging over all 4 sides.
2. Scoop alternating layers of the sorbets and ice cream into the pan, pressing down gently but firmly on each layer with the back of a spoon as you go, until you reach about 1/4 inch from the top of the pan. Sprinkle the crushed cookies over the ice cream and smooth the top into an even layer for the crust. Fold the plastic wrap up and over the cake to cover. Freeze the cake until solid, at least 4 hours.
3. To unmold the cake, briefly dip the bottom of the loaf pan into a pan of warm water. Unwrap the plastic wrap and invert the cake onto a platter. Remove the plastic wrap. Top the cake with whipped cream and garnish with raspberries.